Saturday 22 March 2008

Two Wedding Cards

A very good friend of mine is getting married in May, so I have been trying out some ideas for a card for the occasion.


The first card features stamped images by Paper Artsy, embossed in gold. I cut out the windows from the square and stuck gold vellum behind it, before attaching the hearts on foam squares to raise them a little bit. I stamped Autumn Leaves swirls in gold Brilliance ink onto the base card, and then printed the computer-generated greeting. Tied a ribbon bow to finish.



For the second card, I used gold embossing again on an image by Michael Powell for the English Stamp Company. Another computer-generated greeting and a strip of different gold ribbon complete this one.

Of the two cards, I think I prefer the first one. Though I adore the Michael Powell image, I feel that I haven't yet found a use for it that does it justice. Still, there's still plenty of time before the wedding fo me to continue experimenting.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: