Tuesday 18 March 2008

Fashion Boutique

This is my first attempt using the fabulous Fashion Boutique CDs from Joanna Sheen. I just love the colours in this image, so I chose to team it with similar colours for the base card, which is glossy, and the backing panel, on which I used a harlequin stamp by Tim Holtz. The extra large brad is from HOTP. Because I couldn't find the peel-offs that go with the brads, I had to stamp it with the message. Completed with a rub-on.


Now it's not very often that OH will come out with unsolicited praise for my cards. Usually, his remarks are just a 'very nice', you know that sort of response you get when you ask if you look alright to go out. Anyway, having been into my completed card box to find something else, he felt prompted to point out to me that he thought this was an ideal card for a man. It's really simple, just another great image from the Fashion Boutique, printed onto some great watercolour inkjet paper. This was mounted onto a backing plate embossed in the Cuttlebug and a finished off with few eyelets.

Sometimes I wonder why I can spend hours on just one card when the simpler ones can be just as effective.

1 comment:

Ann Whitfield said...

This gorgeous Ros - and would go so well in Rainbow Ladys's current challenge
Ann x