Wednesday 10 February 2010

A Grungepaper Rose for my Valentine

It's that time of year again, when I rack my brains for an idea for a Valentine's card for my dear OH. This time, I thought it was an opportunity to have a go at making a grungepaper rose, as I have admired the many examples that I've seen in magazines and on blogs recently. Here is the result:

I made the rose by stamping with one of the flowers from the Elusive Images Harlequin Daisy set, and coloured it with Fired Brick Distress Ink. The other images are from the Harlequin Rose set by Elusive Images, stamped in Memento Ink in Rhubarb Stalk - a lovely rich red. I coloured the rose with my Sakura Stardust Pens for a bit of sparkle, and there's a bit more bling from the gems on the label. Finally added some hearts punched out with the fabulous Martha Stewart Lattice Heart punch. The backing papers are slightly shimmery and are from a set by Crafts House.
I hope you like it.

No comments: