Sunday 7 February 2010

Playing with Promarkers

OK, so the doing things in threes didn't last very long. I actually do have 2 of 3 of the net set ready but have stalled on number 3. The main reason for that is that I got sidetracked last week - I went to a craft show and bought some more Promarkers, so I felt the need to practise with them in an attempt to improve my colouring techniques.

However, in the spirit of using up more of my thus far unused stamps, I have been using them with a couple of sets of cute Penny Black stamps that I bought longer ago than I care to admit.

Here are the results so far:


The stamp is from the Purrfect Day transparent set by Penny Black, coloured with Promarkers and mounted onto backing papers from Basic Grey and Hot of the Press., which have been punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. Finishing touches are a ribbon bow in pale lilac and some dots of Pearlidoodles.

I love this cute cat. Coloured again with Promarkers and mounted onto shapes cut with Nestabilities. The backing plate has been embossed with the Birds and Swirls folder. Just a simple bow on a curly clip to embellish.
It's that cat again, this time mounted on to my first attempt at a teardrop card. The backing paper is from a huge Papermania pad that I bought ages ago, and I've used the same paper on the other sides of the card, which is a trifold.

Well I haven't made three cards from the same stamp, but from the same set of stamps, so I guess that counts as doing things in threes.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: