Sunday 27 April 2008

Prismacolor Pencils and Primas

I haven't been posting very much recently, because my mojo seems to be taking a sabbatical. I'm going through one of those periods where I have loads of ideas until I sit down at my craft table and then nothing springs to mind. Perhaps I have TOO much stuff to play with, and certainly too many things that I couldn't live without when I bought them, but have yet to see the light of day. This stamp is a prime example of that. It's one of four that I bought from Clarity Stamps at the Papercrafts Show in Harrogate a month ago. The other three feature stylish ladies in the Erte style, where this one has a much more modern feel. After fiddling about with the idea of more paper piecing (see my previous cards made with Clarity stamps), I decided to do something different and colour this one with some of the gorgeous Prismacolor pencils that OH bought for me from the US at Christmas. I'm still getting used to using the Magic Coloured Pencil technique, but I have to say I'm fairly pleased with this attempt. Trying to get away from the idea of having the main focal image just sat on a blank piece of white card, I masked the lady off and stamped a portion of a huge Judikins harlequin background stamp in sepia, together with a clear text stamp by Rita Marie. I then added some texture by sponging Brilliance Pearlescent Jade ink around the figure. I couldn't resist using a toning paper by Basic Grey and some Prima flowers - oh, and of course some bling in the form of iridescent gemstones in the centre of the flowers.

Thanks for looking.



2 comments:

Anne said...

Very classy card. x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Daisy.