Sunday 6 June 2010

Under the Sea


This is the card that I made for OH´s birthday this year, because since his last birthday he has become a PADI qualified diver. It also gave me the opportunity to break out this lovely stamp set from Elusive Images.
I was helped enormously by having the watery background, which had been made by my sister during a session when we were both playing with Starburst Stains. I had always wanted to create the large seahorse with Fantasy Film, and I used a dark peacock blue film that I bought ages ago at a show. However, I also wanted to use the shell and starfish stamps, so that gave me the challenge of how to create the sea bed. Luckily, I found a paper in the Artylicious Echoes of Italy set that looks like sand, and I stamped some extra texture onto the paper using a stamp called (I think) Field of Sky by Judikins. 
I stamped all of the shells and starfish onto printable inkjet labels, and coloured them with Promarkers. The I cut them out and stuck them to the background. I stamped a couple of smaller seahorses and weeds directly onto the background. After adding the Fantasy Film seahorse, I attached a piece of acetate over the whole picture using brads. As a final touch, I stuck some Zoomz to the top layer, to look like bubbles. 
Because of the acetate, I wasn´t able to avoid the reflection on the photograph, but I hope you can get the overall impression.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: