Tuesday 22 May 2007

Some older work

As I've just started this blogging lark and I'm spending more time posting than crafting, I've got a lot of pictures of things that I made a while ago, so I thought I'd post some of my favourites here while I wait for the weekend, when I'll have the chance to create some new pieces.
Here's a card that I made for an unconventional wedding last September:


The wedding was unconventional because the invitation was to a 'Handfasting', so rather than use a more traditional image, I looked on the web for images of handfasting, and of the ones I found I decided to use this one. It's printed onto acetate, and I applied silver foil to the printed words, and wrapped the acetate layer over the top of a sheet of pearly white vellum, onto which I had printed the rose background. Using an Elusive Images stamp, I stamped out two hearts in silver Brilliance ink onto clear shrink plastic. I attached both the vellum and the acetate to the base card with two eyelets, then threaded silver ribbon through the eyelets and attached the hearts and a curly clip before I tied the bow. I was really pleased with this card. The occasion was a bit strange, but that's another story entirely.......

The second project I want to share in this post is the concertina card that I made for my sister's birthday last August. I wanted to use images to reflect her love of fashion, shopping and chocolate, together with some quotes and sentiments that I found on the theme of 'Sisters'. I kept the colour scheme to black, gold, pink and white as far as possible. Sadly, the scanned pictures don't show the gold very well.

Here are two views of the cover, closed and open:

The first double page spread:

The second:

The third:

And finally:
This was my first (and so far only) concertina card and it doesn't contain much stamping, but it is very personalised to the recipient. I think she liked it, as it's still on display in her living room.


1 comment:

Ann Whitfield said...

The recipient must have been thrilled with this!
Ann x