Tuesday 23 June 2009

More pages

Here are the pages for the first 3 months of the year:




I used the same red card for each page, onto which I stamped a background using Fired Brick Distress Ink. I then added some gold highlights onto the base. For some of them I used Encore Ink in gold, for others, I used Perfect Pearls dusted over an image stamped with the Tsukineko Essential Glue Pad (which I bought in one of my many attempts to get a good foiled image - the result being, I wouldn't recommend it for foiling, but it's great with Perfect Pearls and other mica powders). The pockets started life as plain orange cardstock, believe it or not, which was improved immensely by the liberal application of spray inks from Sticky Fingers and further spraying with some sumptuous Starburst Stains, which I think are quite similar to Glimmer Mists. Sadly, my photography skills don't do justice to the shimmery finish. Not, the only problem with the resulting finish was that I found it quite difficult to stamp onto. Even the Encore Ink, which is a really good metallic finish on most surfaces, didn't show up very well, so I had to resort once again to the Essential Glue Pad/Perfect Pearls combo or to embossing. Even then, I found that the embossed finish started to melt into the background much more quickly than usual.

For the date panels, I printed out tables that I created with my word processor, and mounted them onto matt gold and contrasting burgundy card. If and when I need to update them, I will simply stick the new panels over the top.

Thanks for looking, I'll be back soon with the next few pages.


No comments: